- This event has passed.
Machine Learning in Current Scenario
October 24, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm IST
The webinar on the very futuristic yet current topic, Machine Learning, started with the introductory cum welcome note from Ms. Bhavya Gupta, Vice-President ACM AUR, and Ms. Nancy Dhanuka, Media Head IEEE-ACM AUR. The speaker for the session was Mr. Jaskirat Singh, Founder of Axis India Machine Learning. With more than 100 constant attendees, the session was very interactive and thought-provoking. Some of the myths related to ML were busted and on the other hand everyone gained clarity about the difference between Data analyst, ML programmer, Data Scientist, etc. Some of the important points covered during the session were:
Mr. Jaskirat Singh:
- You can not code or make efficient programmes without a complete and thorough knowledge of Mathematics.
- Machine Learning being a part of AI requires a thorough knowledge of several computer languages. It can’t be learnt in a month or a short period of time.
- There is no shortcut to learn ML. One need to put in ample hours to scratch the surface of what the possibilities could be.
- Future of ML is not limited to one stream alone, it can be used in voice assistants, music industry and is already being used for better suggestions on social media platforms.
- How Axis India Machine Learning provides the resources to learn ML and apply it in innovative agendas.
Every question by the attendees was diligently answered by Mr. Jaskirat. Even though the time limit was exceeded people stayed because of the learning opportunity this webinar provided. The event was concluded with a short vote of thanks by Ms. Bhavya Gupta.