Date: 20th-21st November 2020
Venue: Online on Cisco Webex
Submitted by : Simeen Khan Ayyub and Meghna Das
, Student, BCA 2019-2022 Batch
IEEE WOMEN IN ENGINEERING E-SYMPOSIUM 2020
Date:20th-21st November 2020
Time: 4.30 PM to 8.30 PM (IST)
Women in Engineering Affinity Group of IEEE Pune Section with IEEE Madras Section and Women in Engineering Affinity Groups of the following IEEE Student Branches:
1. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR), Pune, STB11434
2. Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering (PCCOE), Pune, STB62941
3. G H Raisoni College of Engineering and Management (GHRCEMP) Pune, STB10027
4. Hope Foundations, International Institute of Information Technology (I²IT), Pune, STB62831
5. JSPM’s Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering (RSCOE), Pune, STB63141
The main motto of the symposium was the Returning Mothers and to bring back women scientists and engineers to re-join the workforce. The symposium provided an opportunity to explore the creative side and find a way to start their own venture. The two days of the symposium also provided a path for learning new technologies and to develop the required skills. This gathering created an interface to get hired by industry who were willing and to start their own venture. In short, the symposium was a highly interactive platform that aimed to build a collaborative community of women in technology to Innovate, Empower, Inspire and Engage.
Dr.Rajashree Jain Professor SICSR and Mentor IEEE WIE, Pune welcomed the audience and mentioned the significance of the event.
About 25 speakers of international repute inspired the audience and more 100 delegates from across the country benefitted from the symposium.
IEEE computer Society, WE Power and world Bank Energy and Extractives group were event sponsors.
Screen capture of Track Inspire on Day 1