IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. The association is chartered under this name and it is the full legal name. To learn more about the association’s name, for more information please read the History of IEEE.
About IEEE SPS
Founded as IEEE’s first society in 1948, the Signal Processing Society is the world’s premier association for signal processing engineers and industry professionals. Engineers around the world look to the Society for information on the latest developments in the signal processing field. Its deeply rooted history spans almost 70 years, featuring a membership base of more than 19,000 deeply interested and involved signal processing engineers, academics, industry professionals and students who are all part of a dynamic global community – spanning 100 countries worldwide.
The Society organizes numerous conferences around the world every year, focusing on the innovations shaping the future of signal processing and the future of our world.
- advance and disseminate state-of-the-art scientific information and resources
- educate the signal processing community,
- and provide a venue for people to interact and exchange ideas.
About University of Moratuwa
The University of Moratuwa is Sri Lanka’s leading technological higher education institute excelling both locally and globally, and is frequently ranked among the top 10 Universities in the South Asian subcontinent. It offers degree programs to over 4,500 students in the faculties of Engineering, Architecture Information Technology and Business in 18 disciplines and also offers the National Diploma in Technology (NDT)
To be the most globally recognized Knowledge Enterprise in South Asia.
To be the leading Knowledge Enterprise for technological and related disciplines in South Asia by:
- Providing transformative education in technological and related disciplines which nurtures the inquiring mind and develops knowledge and skills for facing global challenges;
- Carrying out nationally relevant and high-impact research to expand the boundaries of knowledge and to enhance the national technological capabilities;
- Providing expert services to the State, Industry and the Society as an Internationally positioned Sri Lankan University; and
- Contributing to sustainable, scientific, technological, social and economic development of Sri Lanka.