Presentation Competition: 21st November
The speakers have now been confirmed for the presentation competition on Thursday 21st November in the Engineering Department (LT2)! Come along to learn about the work of other students in a very wide range of interesting topics! The event will run from 15.30-18.30 (approximately).
- Haider Al-Taie: Quantum device architecture for low-temperature electronics.
- Haining Yang: Holographic Wavelength Selective Switches Based on Liquid Crystal on Silicon Technology.
- Pawan Kumar Shrestha: High Resolution Optically Addressed Spatial Light Modulator based on nanoparticles for 3D Display.
- Fabien Massabuau: Gallium nitride light emitters: the challenge of general lighting.
- Ailin Zhang: The playability of bowed string instruments.
- Matthew Ireland: Laser micromachining of electrothermal compliant actuators.
- Yunuen Montelongo: Braking diffraction limits with plasmonics.
- Sohab Sarfraz: A High Temperature Multi Mechanism Gas Sensing Platform Using SOI CMOS MEMS Technology.
- Iila J. Li: Polyhedral Mechanisms.
- Yulia Ievskaya: Potential and limitations of state-of-the-art photovoltaic technology.
This will be the first major event of the Cambridge IEEE student branch. Come along to meet the committee and chat to the speakers about their respective topics!