The UM-Dearborn IEEE Student Branch
What We Do:
We develop, strengthen, and promote great opportunities to network, learn, and gain valuable skills.
To Promote a culture of responsibility and dedication and engineering and help students to build a lifelong love of learning.
To expand our organization and find new ways to connect students with employers and learning opportunities.
IEEE(the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers):
The parent organization of our student branch is IEEE, an international, non-profit, technical professional association of more than 360,000 individual members in 175 countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, although the organization is most popularly known and referred to by the letters I-E-E-E. Currently, IEEE is the world’s largest Technical/Professional Organization.
Here are some IEEE Quick Facts:
- Over 68,000 student members.
- 307 sections.
- 1,446 chapters.
- More than 1,300 student branches in 80 countries.
- Over 300 student branches.
- 39 societies and 3 technical councils.
- As of Jan., there were more than 1.1 million documents in the IEEE/IEE Electronic Library. Visit IEEE
- IEEE publishes a total of 128 transactions, journals and magazines.
- IEEE sponsors more than 300 conferences each year.
- Produces one third of the world’s published literature in electrical engineering, computers and control technology.