Brunno Covolan, P.E.
Engineering Manager, Intertek
Standards and Product Certification
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023
Current Engineering Manager for Intertek Brunno Covolan, P.E. visits UNT for a lecture entitled “Standards and Product Certification” as part of the North Tech-SAS Lecture Series.
Of the 6 cannons governing the engineering profession, the first is “Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public*.” Beyond the performance specification, there are numerous safety requirements a product must satisfy to be sold. This presentation will provide an overview of 3rd party certification and how products are evaluated for public safety.
- Engineering Manager at Intertek, Plano TX responsible for Appliances, Industrial equipment, and Hazardous location
- BS in Mechanical Engineering/MS in Systems Engineering
- Intertek product safety leadership – 6 years
- Regional Technical Lead for Intertek (Electrical Safety)
- Refrigeration application design experience – 10 years
- Author/presenter, IEEE ISPCE product safety conference
- Lead trainer for compliance engineers
- IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society (PSES) North Texas Chair
- IEEE Technical Program Committee (TPC) Co–Chair for International Symposium for Product Safety Compliance
- Professional Engineer, registered in Texas and California