- This event has passed.
Software Defined Radio Workshop
November 9, 2023 @ 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Step into the revolutionary realm of software-defined radio (SDR), where software is at the forefront of radio signal processing. This fascinating technology enables a single receiver to interpret diverse signals, from analog voice conversations and emergency dispatches, to weather satellite imagery and celestial radio transmissions.
This workshop is tailored not just for tech enthusiasts, but for students from all majors! No prior experience? No problem. Come and unravel the magic of making your own radio.
Here’s what we’ll delve into:
- The ABCs of front-end filtering
- Nuances of frequency up/down conversion and mixing
- The journey from analog to the digital world via Analog-to-Digital Conversion (ADC)
- Cutting-edge software filtering methods
- The art and science of software modulation/demodulation
Plus, we’ll get you hands-on with user-friendly software tools like GQRX and SDR#, perfect for devices such as RTL-SDR, Airspy, and HackRF.
Bonus: At the end of the workshop, you’ll walk away with a free SDR kit to continue your exploration at home!