About the UCC IEEE Student Branch
The IEEE organization takes care of its student associations and supports their initiatives and it dedicates a more specific website for our Region 8 Student Activities.
The student branch is open to all UCC IEEE members.
The UCC IEEE Student Branch (SB) aims to organize:
- Conferences and seminars on selected topics
- Technical talks
- Networking events
- Industry visits to local companies
- Participation in IEEE events and competitions
- Social events for students.
Anyone can participate in events organised by the UCC SB. IEEE members will receive an appropriate discount to any events that must be paid for. Non-members will pay the full fee.
Read our constitution.
- to provide undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in the Electrical and Electronics or related engineering professions with opportunities for educational, technical and professional development
- to provide an informal environment where students can meet with other students and professionals to build their professional network and create meaningful connections.
- to further the academic interests and the learning, with a variety of events of high quality and relevance for all who are interested
- to encourage students to be proactive and take the responsibility, promoting the process of creating, developing, integrating, sharing, and applying knowledge on technologies and sciences.