- This event has passed.
Webinar: Healthcare Technology and Innovation
September 23, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm IST
On 23rd September 2021, a webinar on Healthcare technology and innovation was organized by the enthusiastic team of students of the IEEE Student Branch. It was a one-hour-long webinar that majorly focused on encouraging young brains on healthcare technology and innovations. Shri Gaur Sunder, Associate Director CDAC, a distinguished speaker elaborated on technology and its applications in Healthcare. His presentation was followed by an interesting round of Q& that allowed all participants to communicate with the speaker.
This report includes an overview of the entire webinar, objective, and conclusion of the presentations and discussion.
AGENDA THE EVENT:
- Motivate and encourage students to dive deep into innovative healthcare technologies and contribute to the healthcare sector in this sci-tech era
- Valuable insights on Healthcare Technology and Innovations
- To help make people aware of the healthcare technology
- To introduce young brains to healthcare and its innovations
For the successful event on healthcare technology and innovation, MIT ADT University was blessed to have the presence of a very esteemed guest, Mr. Gaur Sunder.
About the Speaker:
- Directs the Health Informatics R&D activities
- Head of Advanced Computing Training School(ACTS: acts.cdac.in) of C-DAC, Pune.
- He has led Health ICT, R&D projects under the aegis of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare(MoH&FW), Government of India.
- Principal Investigator of advanced R&D projects funded by MeitY and International grants bodies such as VINNOVA, Sweden, and NWO, the Netherlands.
- Co-author of a book on Electronic Health Record published by IEEE Press, USA, and has published/co-published several papers in scientific and engineering journals and conferences.
- Gaur Sunder has served on national and international committees and represents India at some of the Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) – BIS, ISO, HL7, SNOMED – dealing with digital healthcare standardization.
- He was a member of MeitY committees for Telemedicine Standards 2007, and the National Rural Telemedicine Network program. He was a member and primary drafter of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare(MoH&FW) notified EHR Standards for India 2016 (and earlier 2013 edition) and contributed to National Knowledge Commission iHIND, Karnataka Public Health Policy 2017, and drafting of NeHA/DISHA Bill among others.
- He was part of MoH&FW – NITI Aayog – MeitY committee for National Digital Health Blueprint (National Health Stack), and is assisting National Health Authority in implementing National Digital Health Mission (NDHM).
FLOW OF THE EVENT
The exhilarating session on healthcare technology and innovation started and immediately achieved a huge number of participants. The anchors, Kaustubh Narkhede and Apurva Gosavi began the event with a warm welcome to all the participants and the speaker. Following that, Dr. Reena Pagare who is the IEEE Student Branch Counsellor and Faculty Chair of the IEEE MIT-ADT WIE Affinity Group briefed about IEEE MIT-ADT University Student Branch, its objectives, and the past and upcoming activities. She spoke with the audience and promoted an upcoming major flagship event organized by IEEE MIT-ADT Student Branch and IEEE Pune Section called the IEEE PuneCon 2021. After that, Mr.Sunder Gaur, the speaker of the webinar shared his presentation and enlightened young minds on the innovations in Healthcare technology. He blessed the participants with his tremendous knowledge, experiences, and thoughts. He put some light on the significance of healthcare technology and innovations and crucial and innovative initiatives that have taken place in the last couple of decades.
The session was further followed by the most interesting part of that event, the Q& round session where all the participants could communicate, chat and clear their doubts with the speaker. Mr. Gaur Sunder clarified and answered all doubts very gracefully.
In the end, Profesor Monali Chinchamalatpure, Student Activity Faculty Coordinator of IEEE MIT-ADT Student Branch gave the vote of thanks to all the participants and the speaker. The session was concluded and the anchors thanked everyone for their enthusiastic participation. The participants were asked to provide us with their valuable feedback and were awarded the certificate of participation.
The webinar discerned a clear trend of successfully battling the issues and exploring innovative solutions in the form of advanced technology and ideas. The session was led successfully because of the enthusiasm and a large number of active participants in the session which made the webinar even more interesting. The session gave us a gratifying glimpse of the effect of the advancement in technology in the field of healthcare in the near future.