- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: CYBER SECURITY: CALL FOR CYBER WARRIORS
June 29, 2022
The IEEE MIT ADT Computer society student branch chapter and IEEE MIT ADT WIE Affinity group had successfully organized a Virtual Webinar on “Cyber Security: Call for cyber warriors”, on 29th June 2022. The speaker, Ms. Arathi Vade, is a renowned Cyber Security Expert, from Germany.
The session got an overwhelming response from students, faculty and non-teaching staff from various colleges. Participants registered from different locations in India (Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Indore, Bangalore) and some from Philippines there were around 50 participants for the webinar.
AGENDA OF WEBINAR:
The webinar was organized with the objective to:
• acquaint the participants with the prevailing cyber security threats
• educate the participants about the safety and security measures to adopt while using the internet and various applications.
• To encourage students to take up Cyber Security as a career.
• To introduce opportunities in Cyber Security.
We were blessed to have this speaker address the participants at our event.
Ms. Arathi Vade is the Global Lead for Application Security and Internet of Things (IoT), Walldorf, Germany
● IT industry experience of 21 years, including 14 years at SAP
● She drives Security strategy to deliver Secure SAP Digital Supply Chain applications to each of its customers.
● Being a certified Threat Modelling Coach, she helps businesses in identifying and mitigating the risks much earlier
● She is also an advocate of information security certifications and attestations like International Organization for Standards (ISO) 27001, Systems and Organization Controls (SOC), Cyber Security Classified Protection Scheme (CCPS).
● She has been in various roles like Developer, Quality Manager, Project and Program Manager and Security Architect and thus very well understands Security from different perspectives for running a successful business
● She is passionate about Security and works on creating security awareness amongst various communities.
She discussed: –
● Cyber Security Threats
● Building Blocks of Cyber Security: CIA Triad
● Cyber Security: Broad Categories
● Risk Management
● Best Practices