Former Chair IEEE IUB
IEEE Number: 94818671
Owais Liaqat is an active IEEE Member Since 2017. He has been two times honored with an Outstanding IEEE Student Volunteer Award (2020 & 2022). He has been associated with IEEE UCET IUB from 2017 to the present. He is former Chairperson of IEEE UCET IUB Student Branch. IEEE UCET IUB achieved a historic feat by winning 14 IEEE Awards (7 at IEEE Lahore Section and 7 at National Level) and becoming the most award winner branch at national level by following the reports of his tenure. He is also a Member of three Global IEEE Committees, [IEEE PES Young Professionals Industry Outreach & Entrepreneurship Sub-Committee | IEEE PES-HAC (Events) Executive Committee | IEEE R10 HTA Sub-Committee].
Awards and Honors
- National Award Winner – Outstanding IEEE Student Volunteer Award 2022
- Chairperson, IEEE UCET IUB Student Branch, 2020-21.
- Winner – Outstanding Student Volunteer Award (2019-20)
- Representative South Punjab – IEEE PSYWSC’21
- 2nd position holder – FYP, Smart Town and Energy Management by HRES.
- Winner – Ignite Funding for FYP (NGIRI-2021-9792)
- Winner – Project Funding. (R10-HTA-003) – IEEE R10 | IEEE HAC
- Petitioner, Leading my Student Branch to Success, funded by IEEE R10 SAC
- Founder, Official Website, IEEE UCET IUB.
- Founder, Sub-Committees IEEE UCET IUB.
- IEEE Brand Ambassador since 2021 till date.
- Vice-Chair, IEEE UCET IUB Student Branch, 2019-20.
- Winner – 3 year Loyalty Award winner of IEEE Bahawalpur Sub-Section (Nov 2020).
- 1st position holder – Multi-Zone Smart Security System Term Project (Feb 2019).
- Achieved strong organizational skills by successfully leading IEEE UCET IUB as Chairperson.
- IEEE Brand Ambassador since Feb 2021 till the date.
- IEEE PES Day 2021 Ambassador in the Student Branch category selection.
- Achieved strong leadership skills by successfully leading the 2020 IEEE 23rd International Multi-Topic Conference(IEEE INMIC 2020), the biggest gathering of engineers as Chair Management Committee.
- Won $400 as international funding for IEEE HAC Event, and conducted “IEEE HAC Awareness Seminar on Utilization of Robotics and Drones against Locust Attack”, as Chairperson IEEE UCET IUB.
- SBP Lead Volunteer of IEEE UCET IUB at 2020 Region 10 SYWL Virtual Congress (SYWLC20).
- Achieved expert level proficiency in report & proposal writing by winning six foreign grants (IEEE YP/HAC) and supervising internationally collaborated projects on IEEE Foundation.
- Ambassador of IEEE Young Professionals Leadership Conference’19, FSD.
- Achieved strong managerial skills by successfully organizing IEEE ComSoc Summer School 2019 as Head Management Team.
- Achieved strong managerial and leadership skills by supervising and managing a team of 90+ volunteers of IEEE UCET IUB.
- Won $500 international funding from IEEE HAC/R10 for a project “Social Distancing Awareness and System Implementation during COVID’19.
- Member IEEE since 2017 till date.
- Member Smart Cities Community, IEEE 2021
- Member IEEE WIE since 2020 till date.
- Member IEEE Young Professionals since 2020 till date
- Member IEEE Sensors Council since 2019 till date.
- Member IEEE Power Energy Society since 2019 till date.
- Member IEEE SIGHT since 2018 till date.
- Member IEEE Bahawalpur Student Branch since 2018 till date.
- Member IEEE BWP Sub-Section since 2017 till date.
See all affiliations here: ieee-collabratec.ieee.org/app/p/OwaisLiaqat376729?slv=true
- Smart Town and Energy Management by Hybrid Renewable Energy System ‘HRES’ (Final Year Project 2021).
- Buck-Boost Converter (Term Project, 2020).
- Industrial based Liquid Level Indicator (Term Project, 2019).
- Multi-zone Smart Security System (Term Project, 2018).
IEEE Humanitarian Projects
- Awareness on Social Distancing and Alert System (International Funded Team Project, Oct 2021).
- Bio-Gas Power Plant at Uch Sharif, Pakistan (International Funded Team Project, Dec 2020).
- Hand Sanitizer Project (IUB Funded Team Project, March 2020).