Event Review: Summer School Success: Rail Decarbonisation
The last week of July saw the Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education at the University of Birmingham host the 2023 Birmingham Decarbonisation Summer School.
The summer school brought together postgraduate researchers from 11 UK universities to team up and propose a decarbonisation plan for the Birmingham-Peterborough rail line, which serves Cross Country passenger trains and incoming freight traffic from Felixstowe.
Welcome to the University of Birmingham IEEE Student Branch (UoB IEEE SB) website!
We also act as the IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) Student Chapter at the University of Birmingham.
Our branch is one of the most vitality and influential branches at the University of Birmingham. We regularly organize several events and conferences, including keynotes, workshops and student presentation competition each year. By following our website and social media shown at the right side, you will not miss any upcoming events!
We are also looking for potential speakers including PhD students, research fellows, lecturers, professors, industry engineers and managers to give us presentations in the field of IEEE and electric related expertise. Please contact us if you are interested!
Joint Photo: Student Branch Event 04/08/2023
Benefits of Joining IEEE & PES
- Free subscriptions to IEEE and PES magazines;
- Free access to the IEEE / PES Resource Center;
- Free membership in your local IEEE / PES chapter;
- Discounts to technical conferences;
- Discounts to tutorials and webinars;
- Benefits through engaging in Student branch Chapters and event organisation;
- Networking with members!
IEEE and PES Student and Graduate Student Promotional Codes:
- Join IEEE today with 50% discount using code: FUTURE50
- Join IEEE PES with 100% discount using code: 19PESSTNWF (if you are not an IEEE Student yet) or 19PESSTADF (if you are an IEEE Student already)