This camp is made to teach the students how t o use their knowledge of python language and use it in applications like image processing.
Image Processing is a method to perform some operations on an image, in order to get an enhanced image or to extract some useful information from it. Image Processing can be used in Medical Imaging, Video Processing, Face Detection, Photoshop, Finger Prints, Remote Sensing, etc.
Why Python and OpenCV:
- Python is a simple programming language which is easy to learn, understand and apply, so even if the student didn’t attend the past Camp, he can attend this one and understand very well after a small review about the basics of Python by the instructor.
- OpenCV is an open source library which is easy to use, free of cost, low Ram usage, more efficient than MATLAB, portable and can run on any device that can run C.
- Image Processing using Python is not common in HTI so it will be something new for students to learn and try.
- Ahmed Ismail (Bio-medical Engineering Dep.)
- Tarek Ahmed Diab (IEEE- R&D member)
More than 40 student attend the camp for three weeks (two sessions per week)