The University of Bolton IEEE Student Branch
Welcome to the corner of IEEE University of Bolton Student branch, a place where every student is somebody. This branch was approved in January 2022 to deliver the benefits of IEEE membership to students in the local level. It also became part of the United Kingdom and Ireland IEEE section. Let me remind you that IEEE has been always associated with experience and knowledge, as the largest engineering organization. This branch brings the benefits of IEEE in grand style to every student, either as bachelor, masters, or PhD.
Participation in regional conferences, workshops, and competitions
- Development of leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Participation in awards, scholarships and project/design programs and student paper contests
- Access IEEE online services and resources
- Materials designed to promote IEEE membership and its services
A Message from the President
MSc Data Analytics, University of Bolton
Dear IEEE Members
I am particularly grateful for the opportunity to serve as the First Chair of IEEE UoB student branch, and I wish to solicit your cooperation for the reminder of this session. The student branch board is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment to all members while encouraging local participation of activities, attending conferences, events, and meeting participants who engage with IEEE in these discussions. Don’t be left behind, invite anyone and everyone to make this branch an example of passionate commitment to IEEE values.
Joining the IEEE Student Branch
UoB IEEE Student Branch provides opportunities to meet and learn from fellow IEEE Student and Graduate Student Members and engage with professional IEEE members locally. We are an active IEEE Student Branch and joining us can be one of the most positive elements of your academic career, offering programs, activities, and professional networking opportunities that build critical skills outside of the classroom. Let me emphasize that IEEE currently has Student Branches at thousands of universities and colleges in hundreds of countries throughout the world.
IEEE UoB Student Branch gives students a community of peers, and a connection to faculty and industry professionals who drive innovation in countless technical fields. Student involvement in Branch activities, whether special projects, social and technical meetings, outreach programs, conferences, local Section or Regional opportunities, etc. can help develop a record of accomplishment and capabilities beyond the norm.
- Benefits of IEEE Student Branch includes:
- Opportunities to network on a local level, connect with UK and Ireland Section
- Free website hosting with job vacancy, IEEE International activities
- Obtain funding for events, projects, and activities for UoB branch
- Develop projects and obtain sponsorship based on your IEEE affiliation
- Receive support for hosting professional awareness programs
- Connect with other like minded student groups to advance the IEEE mission
In addition to benefits, IEEE offers programs and projects that keep students interested in the Branch and its activities and their chosen profession.