IEEE AcSIR-CSIO Election Day – 2019
IEEE Student Branch at AcSIR-CSIO-Chandigarh (Branch Code: STB11475) was formed on 23rd March 2019 by IEEE. For the successful functioning of Student Branch and to complete the Branch Executive Committee Officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary), the election was conducted on 9th April 2019 under the supervision of Dr. H.K. Sardana, Branch Counsellor, IEEE AcSIR-CSIO-Chandigarh Student Branch and other faculty members of AcSIR-CSIO. At the same time membership drive has initiated among the students and others.
The elected members for the IEEE Student Branch at AcSIR-CSIO-Chandigarh were as follows:
- Javed Ahmad, Chair
- Anupma Thakur, Vice-Chair
- Neha Hooda, Secretary
- Vishavpreet Singh, Treasurer
- Priyanshu Goel, Webmaster
BROADCAST OF WEBINAR ON IPR FILING FOR ACADEMIA
IEEE India Council Industry activities and IEEE Bangalore Section in collaboration with IEEE TEMS organised the webinar on “IPR Filing for Academia” as part of World Intellectual Property Day 2019 Celebration. The webinar is curated specially for students, faculties and researchers from academia.
As limited accommodation was available to participants, IEEE AcSIR-CSIO student branch extended the availability by broadcasting the lecture at the scheduled time for members as well as non-members of the branch.
WORKSHOP AND CHALLENGES ON MACHINE INTELLIGENCE AND DEEP LEARNING (MIDL-2019)
CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation and IEEE Student Branch, AcSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh are organizing a WORKSHOP on “MACHINE INTELLIGENCE AND DEEP LEARNING: AN INTERDISCIPLINARY PERSPECTIVE” and CHALLENGES on “DEMONSTRATION OF AI-BASED SOLUTIONS”, (MIDL-2019)
- Hands-on training of machine learning
2. Real-world application
3. Introduction to Machine Learning
4. Live demonstration
5. Introduction to Deep Learning: CNN; RNN
6. Technical sessions by industry experts from NVIDIA and MATHWORK
7. Challenge for Demonstration of AI-Based Solutions in various field Agriculture, Affordable healthcare, Defense applications, Education, Disaster Management, Smart city applications, Other related themes.
IEEE AcSIR-CSIO Student Branch has organized an Inaugural, Interaction and Member Drive Events held on 23rd April, 2019.
- Welcome by the Branch Executive Committee Members: Javed Ahmad (Chair) and Ms. Anupma Thakur (Vice-Chair) Executive Committee members of IEEE Student Branch at AcSIR-CSIO Chandigarh, welcomed the invited speakers, members and the guests present at the event.
- Interactive Talk by invited speaker Prof. R.K. Sinha and Dr. Vinod Karar
- Winner announcement for LOGO contest Design: The executive committee has organized a LOGO DESIGINING CONTEST on inviting entries for prospective Logo for the new IEEE Student Branch at AcSIR-CSIO. Ms. Anupma Thakur and Mr. Rishabh Jain was selected as the winner.
- Membership Drive by the Executive Committee
POSTER PRESENTATION COMPETITION ON THE THEME “SOCIETY-DRIVEN TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION AND RESEARCH (STIR-2019)”.
IEEE AcSIR-CSIO Student Branch have organiized a “Poster-Presentation Competition” on the theme “SOCIETY-driven TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION and RESEARCH (STIR-2019)”.
STIR-2019 is expected to bring together undergraduate, graduate students and research scholars from across academia, government, and non-governmental organizations to discuss, share and promote their current innovative works on social issues and recent accomplishments across all aspects of its theme.
Poster Size: Max: 48” x 36”
Registration Fee: 200 INR (IEEE Members) and 300 (Others)
Register Link: http://tiny.cc/STIR-2019
Abstract Submission Deadline (extended): May 31st, 2019
Acceptance Notification date: June 4th, 2019
Poster Presentation Date: June 7th, 2019, 10-11 AM (Entry)
TALK DELIVERED TO SCHOOL AND COLLEGES BY IEEE AcSIR-CSIO STUDENTS VOLUNTEERS UNDER JIGYASA PROGRAM
Science Promotion Outreach Activities under the umbrella of IEEE AcSIR-CSIO student branch along with the collaboration CSIR- JIGYASA program.
The event aims to create awareness among school students/teachers about Science intervention and Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Hands-on Science Activities Workshop
- Sessions on Science Communication: Mode, Role and Training
- Sessions on Career in Science: Case Studies on Popular Indian Scientists
- Interactive familiarization with Instrumentation at CSIO
- Demonstration of Scientific models by IEEE student branch
INVITED LECTURE ON “TRANSFUSION MEDICINE: IRON DEFICIENCY AND WAYS TO IMPROVE”
IEEE AcSIR-CSIO, Student Branch Chandigarh, WIE & SPIE Student Chapter, CSIO Chandigarh, is jointly organizing an invited talk on the topic “TRANSFUSION MEDICINE: IRON DEFICIENCY AND WAYS TO IMPROVE”
Dr. Kshitija Mittal, Assistant Professor in Transfusion Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh delivered a talk on “Iron deficiency and Ways to Improve”. The main objective of this talk was to provide the awareness among the postgraduate students and research scholars regarding the causes and ill-effects of iron deficiency in a human body. Further, she discussed and motivated the students regarding the benefits of blood donation.
ANNUAL ELECTION OF WIE, IEEE SB ACSIR-CSIO
The official notification about the annual election for AcSIR-CSIO-Chandigarh Women in Engineering Student Branch Affinity Group was released on July 28, 2019.
All eligible voting members (IEEE & WIE, AcSIR-CSIO) on record on August 7, 2019, received access to election materials. The off-line balloting period run on August 7, 2019, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Convention hall, library block, CSIR-CSIO.
Election Committee: Faculty advisors – Dr H.K.Sardana & Ms Aparna Akula
Student Volunteers: – Yogesh, Dhirendra, Rishabh Jain & Anubruto
The Selected candidates were:
- Chair: Anupma Thakur
- Vice-Chair: Prachi Rajput
- Secretary: Aditi
- Treasurer: Pooja Gupta
GUEST LECTURE ON “INTRODUCTION TO DEEP LEARNING: THEORY AND PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS”
IEEE-Student Branch, AcSIR-CSIO Chandigarh in collaboration with IEEE-Student Branch, PEC Chandigarh organized a technical talk on Introduction to Deep Learning. This talk was held to celebrate the Engineer’s Day and to make scholars aware of the practical applications of deep learning.
Ms. Aparna Akula
Senior Scientist, CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh, INDIA
Faculty Adviser, IEEE AcSIR-CSIO, WIE
National Conference on “Earthquake: Investigation and Instrumentation” at CSIR-CSIO Chandigarh
A National Conference on “Earthquake: Investigation and Instrumentation”, (EII-2019) – under the flagship of the IEEE AcSIR-CSIO, Student Branch, is being organized by CSIR-CSIO from September 23-24, 2019.
- Kalachand Sain, FNASc, FAPAS, FTAS
- Director, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology.
- N. Gopalakrishnan : Director, CSIR-CBRI Roorkee
- Sunil Kumar Singh, Director, CSIR-NIO Goa
- C.P. Rajendran : JNCASR Bangalore
- V. K. Gahalaut : CSIR NGRI Hyderabad
- M.L. Sharma : IIT Roorkee
- R. C. Ramola : HNBGU Srinagar
- Sushil Kumar : WIHG Dehradun